- 0.1 Introduction
- 1. What situations produce aggression? Free Preview
- 1.2 Effective use of conflict management skills
- Lesson 1.3 Preventing Aggression
- 2. Situational Signs
- 2.2 Recognising the Warning Signs
- 2.3 Recognising the Warning Signs (Part 2)
- 3.1 Defusing the situation (1)
- 3.2 Defusing the Situation (2)
- 3.3 Defusing the Situation (3)
- 4.1 Protecting Yourself (1)
- 4.2 Protecting Yourself (2)
- 4.3 Protecting Yourself (3)
- 5.1 The Role of Adrenaline
- 5.2 Dealing With the Aftermath
- 5.3 Grief, Trauma and Crisis
- 6.1 Do’s
- 6.2 Don’ts
- 6.3 Challenges and Rewards
- 6.4 Concluding Video
Or log in to access your purchased courses
Course delivered by Neil Thompson
This particular course has been developed to help staff and managers across a wide range of organisations and sectors to develop their knowledge, skills and confidence. Participants will be helped to:
• Understand the human and financial costs of aggression and violence
• Recognise the warning signs of impending aggression
• Develop strategies for preventing aggression; defusing it; and dealing with the aftermath.
The insights gained from this course could make all the difference between a well-managed situation that does no harm (and could earn you a lot of respect), and the potentially tragic consequences of dissatisfaction growing into aggression and ultimately becoming violence. The course has been written and presented by Neil Thompson.
“The course is approximately the equivalent of a full-day’s continuous professional development”. Dr Neil Thompson
- Over 22 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Recognize common causes of aggression
- Be better prepared for preventing difficult situations escalating into aggression
- Feel more confident in dealing with situations if or when aggression arises
- Appreciate what is involved in dealing effectively with the aftermath of an aggressive outburst.
Who is this course for?
If your work brings you into situations where an aggressive response is possible, then this course is for you. It will teach you the basics of recognizing the potential for aggression, nipping difficult situations in the bud, reacting calmly to aggressive outbursts and dealing with the aftermath.
What are the requirements?
You will need access to a printer to produce a copy of the e-book for making notes and doing the course exercises, other than that you are ready to start.