Or log in to access your purchased courses
Course delivered by Don Ollsin
Do you want to pick up a different yet incredibly practical skill?
This course is great for teaching you how to look after yourself by enabling you to make your own medicines to enable you to keep your ailments maintained without having to spend lots of money on medicines.
- Learn over 15 herbal preparations including tinctures, infusions, decoctions, oils, salves, poultices, food, smudges, syrups and more
- Learn the terminology used in herbal medicine making
- Develop the skill of medicine making through applied knowledge
- Learn to make home made kefir and create healthy herbal kefir drinks that are easily digested
- Learn how to apply herbal preparations externally
- Know what equipment is needed and how to use it
- Choose when to use an infusion over a decoction based on the herb being used
- Create your own medicine cabinet filled with medicines you have created
- Create a sense of security having your own medicines, ones you created
- Learn how to dry herbs and store them
- Save money by making your own herbal products
- Transform dried and fresh herbs into easy to use preparations for ingesting and applying externally
- Trust what is in your medicines as you made them
- Learn how to use a menstrum ratio table and be able to make over 100 herbs into tinctures
Who is this course for?
If you are someone that loves to cook, is creative or wants to become more creative or loves nature and want to learn how to create medicines with natural ingredients, then this course is good for you!
What are the requirements?
- an open-mind
- Willing attitude
- Lesson 4: Tincture Making: Part 1
You will learn insight in to the standard ratios of herb-alcohol to ensure you know reccommended limits, the creation of your tinctures as well as guidance on how tinctures are created.
- Lesson 5: Tincture Making: Part 2
Continuing to look at how to create tinctures.
- Lesson 6: Tincture Pressing
Tincture pressing is an important part of the medicinal creation process, Learn how to apply it here.