Or log in to access your purchased courses
Course delivered by Libby Seery
This therapeutic art course can be enjoyed by everyone and by all ages.
Whether you are looking to learn a new skill, help someone express themselves more effectively or just find something enjoyable to do with your family, the Therapeutic Art course offers a wealth of activities and teachings for everyone to benefit from today. Healing through Therapeutic Art can be a gradual process, but in the long term, it will offer lots of benefits to your development!
The course is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
We have a section on self exploration and healing painful emotions, as well as a section for pure enjoyment and recreation. You’ll also find a section on therapeutic art for family bonding. This is great for better communication and an appreciation for each other, as you learn and create with one another.
Art can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share our feelings and emotions.
Therapeutic art can be described as being an expressive and creative, form of therapy.
The therapeutic, creative process of self expression, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well being.
“You don’t need to be a great artist, or indeed consider yourself to be particularly creative. All you need is an imagination and an open mind to get the most from this course” Libby Seery.
- Over 43 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Explore facets of your personality you never knew existed
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Create art without judgement
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Enjoy art as a family bonding exercise
- Build on your self esteem and increase your confidence levels
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art for the purpose of active meditation
- Learn many different techniques to use art for pure enjoyment and recreation
- Create mandalas and zentangles
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who enjoys art
- Anyone who like to be creative
- The course is suitable for everyone and can be used with the whole family as a family bonding experience
- Those people who would like to work on their self esteem and their self confidence
- People who would like to express themselves better
- Those people who would like to try active meditation using art
- People who may be recovering from trauma or illness
- People who would like to be introduced to a wide range of art approaches
What are the requirements?
- The perfect thing about this course is that no prior experience or knowledge is required.
- The only thing you will need, is an imagination and an open mind!
- Lesson 8: Spontaneous Image Diary
- Lesson 9: Scribble Drawing to Unwind
- Lesson 10: Your Emotions Wheel
- Lesson 11: Paint Your Emotions Free Preview
- Lesson 12: Affirmation Cards
- Lesson 13: Write Yourself a Love Letter
- Lesson 14: Writing Your Pain a Letter
- Lesson 15: Paint a Self Portrait
- Lesson 16: Our Inner and Outer Selves
- Lesson 17: Self Soothing Images Folder
- Lesson 18: Explore Your Deeper Feelings
- Lesson 19: Meditative Painting
- Lesson 20: Introduction to Art for Pure Enjoyment
- Lesson 21: Creating Mandalas
- Lesson 22: Zentangles
- Lesson 23: Drawing with Pen and Ink
- Lesson 24: Still Life Drawing in Pencil
- Lesson 25: Classic Still Life Drawing
- Lesson 26: Contour Drawing
- Lesson 27: Pencil Shading Techniques
- Lesson 28: Create Your own Pencil Shading Guide
- Lesson 29: Introduction to Therapeutic Art for Family Bonding
- Lesson 30: Accessing Your Inner Child
- Lesson 31: Face Painting: Clown
- Lesson 32: Face painting: Tiger
- Lesson 33: Chalk and String
- Lesson 34: Working with Fabrics
- Lesson 35: Create a Head Using Clay
- Lesson 36: Make Your Own Piñata
- Lesson 37: Creative Writing